WMNR Wildlife Management Staff
Wildlife Management & Nuisance Removal handles any and all nuisance wildlife complaints, plus we try to find long term solutions to your wildlife problems. WMNR has personnel with degrees in wildlife management and biology on staff to help determine the best, most ecological and economical solutions to animal removal and wildlife control. Throughout the year, our staff attends training seminars and conferences to keep as informed and proficient in wildlife control as possible. We use quality material, employ an experienced staff and provide excellent customer service.
Gregg Schumaker, Owner
Gregg Schumaker has over 20 years of experience working in the wildlife field. Gregg received an Associated in Applied Science from Haywood Community College in Clyde, North Carolina, noted for its wildlife management program, and attended Lake Superior State University's wildlife biology program.
Gregg continues his education through classes and conferences, including the Wildlife Control Technology's annual seminars and the Michigan Animal Damage Control Assocation's annual seminars.
Gregg has successfully completed:
- Safe-Capture's Chemical Immobilization of Animals course
- Purdue University's Professional Trapper course
- National Goose Management Training Academy
- Bird Barrier Certification Course
Gregg's experiences include working as a fur-bearer research technician for the Michigan Department of Natural Resource - Wildlife Division, as a wildlife technician for the National Park Services on Assateague Island, Maryland and as a full time wildlife control technician for the USDA Animal Plant and Health Inspection Service - Animal Damage Control in North Carolina.
Gregg is currently:
- Member, National Wildlife Control Operator Association (President)
- Member, Michigan Animal Damage Control Association (Past President)
- Member, Michigan United Conservation Club
- Member, National Trappers Association
WMNR is owned and operated by Gregg Schumaker, licensed by the state of Michigan and is fully insured. WMNR is certified and/or participating members of:
- National Wildlife Control Operators Association
- Michigan Animal Damage Control Association
- Bat Conservation International
- Michigan Trappers Association
- National Trappers Association
- Bird Barrier
Russ Belanger, Assistant
Russ Belanger proudly served our country as a United States Marine for over 20 years before moving back to Northern Michigan. He retired in 2004 and started his company, Semper Fi Handyman in Petoskey, Michigan. Russ has been very active with the local Boy Scouts and is a proud supporter of Petoskey Schools' sports.
Russ brings a variety of skills and is instrumental in most repairs and remediation work. He has worked for Wildlife Management and Nuisance Removal since 2009.
For more information on Russ and his work outside of WMNR, visit his Semper Fi Handyman website.